Sport Manitoba Twitter Feed
Physical Therapists are allied health professionals who treat people for muscle, bone, and joint conditions that impair or limit their ability to move and perform activities of daily living or in sporting and recreational activities. They help athletes, children, and the community return to work and play after injury, surgery or illness.
Therapists working in Sport Medicine and Orthopaedics complete a comprehensive initial assessment and create a plan of care to get you back to the activities you desire; whether that means getting back to work, running a 5k, or competing at a high performance level.
Your program might include:
• Individualized exercise prescription program to reverse muscular imbalances that often result in injury; improving coordination and improve flexibility
• Functional movement training to maximize your body awareness and how your body moves through space
• Functional exercise program
• Education regarding activity modification, body mechanics, anatomy, and the pathology or your particular injury
• Return to activity, return to sport, and return to work long term planning for every patient
• Joint mobilization and myofascial release as indicated
• Pain relieving modalities such as ultrasound and muscle stimulation as indicated
• High Performance Assessment
• Acupuncture and GTT
• Custom Orthotics
Initial Assessment: $87.55
Concussion Initial Assessment: $100.00
High Performance Assessments: $100.00
Follow-up Appointments: $70.00
To book an appointment, please email email@example.com or call (204) 925-5944.