Sport Medicine Centre - Downtown Winnipeg
Athletic Therapists are health care professionals who have significant training in dealing with musculoskeletal (muscles, bones, and joints) injuries. Using advanced assessment techniques an athletic therapist is able to determine what you have injured and how best to approach the rehabilitation of your injury.
Athletic therapists work with all levels. You do not have to be an athlete to see an Athletic Therapist nor do you have to have been injured during physical activity. Any injury, whether the cause is work-related, a car accident, a sport-based injury, and anything in between, they will all benefit from the same professional assessment and rehabilitation techniques of an Athletic Therapist.
Your program might include:
• Individualized exercise prescription program to reverse muscular imbalances that often result in injury; improving coordination and improve flexibility
• Functional movement training to maximize your body awareness and how your body moves through space
• Functional exercise program
• Education regarding activity modification, body mechanics, anatomy, and the pathology or your particular injury
• Return to activity, return to sport, and return to work long term planning for every patient
• Joint mobilization and myofascial release as indicated
• Pain relieving modalities such as ultrasound and muscle stimulation as indicated
• Osteopathic-based techniques
Initial Assessment: $87.55
Concussion Initial Assessment: $100.00
High Performance Assessments: $100.00
Follow-up Appointments: $70.00
To book an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-925-5944.